Best Cadence And Speed Sensors For Spin Bike To Buy
Track The Progress Of Your Workout And Reach Your Fitness Goals Quicker!
There are two different sensors that attach to spin bikes, one tracks the cadence (also known as RPM/Revolution Per Minutes) which attaches to one of the crank arms, while the other tracks the speed (mile per hour or kilometer per hour) that attaches to the flywheel. With this article, we’ll reveal to you the best cadence and speed sensors for spin bikes.
It is important to note that cadence sensors are compatible with virtually any exercise bikes, regardless of the design, because they simply attach to the pedal cranks arm, and every exercise spin bikes have two pedal cranks (one on the left and one on the right). However, speed cadence sensors are not compatible with all indoor spin bikes, especially if the flywheel of your spin bike is located at the back. Additionally, Germin and Wahoo sensors can connect to any iOS and Android device.
Cadence and speed sensors determine the speed on your cycling spin bikes and the RPM (Rotation Per Minute) of the crank arm. Whether you are getting prepared for a competition or simply intend to workout at home, it is imperative to improve your performance on your spin bike with some of the best cadence and speed sensors.
Sadly, most exercise bikes’ consoles aren’t designed to track the RPM and some, the best spin bikes on the market included, don’t come with a fitness monitor computer to start with. Usually, most commercial-grade spin bikes feature a fully-functional monitor, but budget indoor cycles hardly do. However, for you to keep track of your fitness stats, you need to get yourself one of the best spin bike speed and cadence sensors.
With this article, we will show you available options for the best cadence and speed sensors for spin bikes that can improve your fitness performance, and bring you closer to your fitness goal.
Best Cadence And Speed Sensors For Spin Bike – Our Picks
Garmin Cadence Sensor 2 For Indoor Bikes
At the top of our list of best cadence and speed sensors for spin bikes is the Garmin Cadence Sensor. This sensor attaches to the crank arm of your bike. It doesn’t require a head unit and can be fastened to different sizes of crank arms.
The product is of high quality for monitoring pedalling cadence on your bike, it helps track your RPM while you ride your spin bike by monitoring and measuring each pedal stroke you make. This cadence sensor for exercise bikes allows you to have better fitness training session where you can easily and accurately monitor and track your fitness progress.
This Garmin sensor for indoor and outdoor cycling also comes with Bluetooth and ANT+ low energy technology that allows you to share your biking stats with Garmin connect and several apps that help to enhance your fitness training. It also comes with access to bike computers and bike trainers.
Just like you, most users are generally on the lookout for sensors that can be easily installed. This particularly makes this bike sensor a wonderful choice. It is very easy to install, and you can easily switch it between outdoor and indoor bikes.
The sensor also allows you access to a wide range of third-party apps like MapMyRide, Zwift, etc. The spin bike cadence sensor comes with an odometer that helps track your distance. Essentially, this Garmin bike cadence sensor is highly affordable.
This product comes with a 1-year warranty package. It weighs about 2.8 ounces and is designed black. Produced by Garmin, it has a packed weight of 3.2 ounces. The Garmin cadence sensor makes use of coin batteries that can live up to two years. It is compatible with all spin bikes (front-wheel/rear-wheel).
- 2 Lithium Metal 1 9V batteries required (included)
- Dimensions: 1.5 × 1 × 0.25 inches
- Color: Black, 100% wireless.
- The Garmin cadence sensors are impressively easy to install, so expert help is not needed.
- You can easily switch the sensors between indoor or outdoor bikes. This implies that you don’t need to get two different sensors for different bikes.
- This indoor cycle cadence sensor comes with long battery life.
- Some users have complained about the Bluetooth connectivity.
Garmin Cadence And Speed Sensor 2
This Garmin product helps you track your cadence and speed with its wireless sensors. You don’t even need magnets during installation, and this simply makes the installation easier.
A good reason why it is ranked among the best cadence and speed sensors for spin bikes in the market is that it has a powerful wireless connectivity feature. This particular feature allows you to connect to your mobile devices, access several fitness training apps, bike computers and bike trainers without any sort of interruption.
The indoor spin bike speed sensor 2 should be attached around the flywheel of your spin bike. This speed sensor impressively adjusts itself, your Edge cycling computer and your Garmin device to give you the correct distance and speed measurements at all time.
You can attach the cadence sensor for exercise bikes to any track pedal stroke and crank arm. With this, you can easily keep track of your progress during fitness training. You can also send live stats of your exercise experience through its ANT+ feature, as well as the Low Energy Bluetooth Technology.
The product weighs 3.2 ounces and a package weight of 3.5 ounces. Manufactured by Garmin, these exercise bikes speed and RPM sensors have a 1-year warranty. Garmin cadence and speed sensors use coin batteries that live up to two years.
- 4 Lithium Metal 1 9V batteries required (included)
- Dimensions: 1.5 × 1.2 × o.2 inches
- 2-speed sensor
- Odometer feature.
- The Garmin speed sensors can be easily installed. With these spin bike speed and cadence sensors, you don’t need assistance from an expert for installation.
- The sensors can be switched between bikes (indoor and outdoor). This implies that you don’t need to own different sensors for different spin bikes. With this, you can save money because you don’t need to purchase another pair of sensors for your other bike.
- The Garmin speed sensor comes with an odometer that measures how far your bike travel.
- If you install the sensors on the same wheel as the power meters, it is likely to obstruct the power meters.
- Some users have complained about the Bluetooth connectivity.
Wahoo RPM Cycling Cadence Sensor, Bluetooth/ANT+
As long as you are interested in measuring your cadence during workouts and fitness training, Wahoo spinning cadence is one of the highly recommended cadence sensors. It is used by both indoor and outdoor cyclists. This product is only one sensor, so it can only measure cadence not speed. The cadence sensor for exercise bikes come without magnets. This means that installation would be relatively easier compared to others on this list.
The Wahoo cadence sensor for exercise bike is sleek, comes with a lightweight design, as it weighs 7 grams. Another impressive thing about this particular cadence sensor on a spin bike is that you can use it on multiple bikes, and it comes with a replaceable battery that lasts up to 400hrs.
With this cadence sensor product, you can share your training stats with top exercise cycling apps such as Cyclometer and MapMyRide, as well as allow access to biking computers.
The Wahoo cadence sensor is compatible with any indoor bike and is meant to be fastened to the crank arm of your spin bike. It also has ANT+ and Bluetooth 4.0 that would work with your mobile device, especially iOS and a spin bike computer.
This product has a spin bike weight of 4.5 grams and has a package weight of 2.08 grams. It is produced by Wahoo Fitness. This highly-rated cadence sensor made this list also for its battery quality. It uses 1 Lithium Metal CR2 ion battery.
- 1 Lithium Metal batteries required (included)
- Dimensions: 6.5 × 4 × 0.5 inches
- Universal Fit
- 100% Wireless.
- This RPM sensor for the spinning bike is compatible with most indoor spin bike apps including Zwift.
- It has a wireless connection that works well with bike computers and mobile phones.
- Some users of this cadence sensor for spin bike complain that the calculations and readings of the sensors have proven to be incorrect at times.
- Some users of this exercise bike cadence sensor encounter some difficulties while setting up their Bluetooth devices.
Wahoo RPM Cycling Speed and Cadence Sensor
Unlike the previous Wahoo RPM cadence sensor, this product has two sensors, so it’s capable of measuring both cadence and speed, and then comes with a waterproof feature that prevents the sensors from damaging if they come in contact with water.
Wahoo speed sensor has the ability to recalibrate itself and give you an accurate measurement of your workout speed, and you should fasten it to the hub of your spin bike flywheel. Meanwhile, the cadence meter measures your cadence by monitoring the stroke per minute of each pedal, and you should attach it to the crank arm of your bike.
This RPM cycling speed and cadence sensor for spin bikes are well equipped with the right technology for modern exercise equipment it comes with the ANT+ and the latest Bluetooth 4.0 cadence sensor software with a host of several third-party applications that help improve your cycling experience. This RPM and speed sensor for indoor spin bikes also captures real-time cycling and shares them with your bike computer or mobile device.
This cadence and speed sensor weighs 9.07 grams and is packaged with batteries. It is a Wahoo Fitness product with a shipping weight of 2.88 ounces.
- 2 Lithium Metal batteries required (included)
- Dimensions: 1.2 × 1 × 0.8 inches
- Universal Fit
- 100% Wireless
- Waterproof up to 5 feet.
- The RPM and speed sensors allow access to third-party apps, giving you access to varieties of apps at your disposal.
- The RPM sensor for exercise spin bikes can be used for all bikes; indoor and outdoor. You do not have to get sensors for your other bikes.
- This speed sensor can also measure the distance you covered during your workout.
- Some users have complained about the incorrect measurement of the speed sensor.
- The speed sensor is wide and demands lots of space to be attached horizontally between the flywheel and the fork.
CooSpo RPM Cycling Speed and Cadence Sensor
With this spin bike sensor, you can track your cadence and speed meter cycling on a spin bike. It is a sensor that can be used as a cadence or speed depending on where on your spin bike you install it. Coospoo indoor exercise bike cadence sensor allows you to monitor your pedaling progress by measuring the pedal strokes if you have it attached to your bike crank arm. But if you have it attached to your bike flywheel, it functions as a speed sensor that measures your speed through self-calibrating. This device is great for any bike, but not entirely recommended for magnetic spinning bikes as the metal plate of the spin bike and magnetism will interfere with the cadence speed sensor signal which could give you inaccurate readings.
This spin bike sensor comes with 4.0 Bluetooth and a wireless connection that allows you connect to your smartphone and different apps and bike computers. Also, with this bike sensor, you have access to different bike trainers and you can share your cycling stats with others. You can also connect this sensor with several third-party applications like MapMyRide, Clymester, Zwift, and many other spin exercise apps.
This cycling speed and cadence sensor is impressively cheaper than most competing models, so if you are searching for a cadence computer for your exercise bike and a speed sensor that doesn’t break the bank, the CooSpoo sensor is the excellent choice for you.
In addition, the spin bike sensor is designed with a waterproof exterior that allows you to ride in wintry weather. It also comes with a shock resistance feature for days when you choose to ride on bumpy surfaces.
The product weighs 0.64 ounces and a package dimension of 4.1 × 3.4 × 0.9 inches. Both indoor cycling speed and cadence sensors use Lithium Metal CR2 ion battery which isn’t included in the package.
- 1 Lithium-ion battery required (include)
- Magnet-Less Cadence (Wireless)
- Waterproof grade IP67.
- This sensor is compatible with apps like MapMyRide and Zwift and allows you access to various biking services
- It is designed with a water-resistant exterior that allows you to ride comfortably, even in inclement weather
- It can track the distance, speed, and works okay for spin bikes
- Some users have complained about the wireless connection, and how they find it difficult to connect their mobile devices to the ANT+ and Bluetooth connection on this device
- Switching between speed and cadence mode isn’t so smooth
Magene S3+ Cycling Speed and Cadence Sensor
This bike speed and cadence sensor can be best described as “one sensor, two functions”. It is one of the top-rated cadence and speed sensors for indoor spin bikes for its impressive features. Magene S3+ comes with excellent IP67 dustproof and waterproof features that allow you to enjoy cycling in any weather.
Meanwhile, this sensor comes with Bluetooth and ANT+ protocol that is both accurate and stable. This sensor does not need a magnet to connect to other devices.
It can connect easily with bike apps and computers, as well as smartphones that come with a Bluetooth feature. It is compatible with all Bluetooth-powered devices like bike computers, smartphones, bike trainers, etc. It works with smartphone apps such as SRAVA, Run keeper, NIKE+, etc. with this device, you don’t need magnets, since you can easily install the sensor through simple steps.
If you choose to use this device as a cadence sensor, you should fasten it to the crank arm of your bike, where it helps measure each pedal stroke, giving you an exact reading of your performance. However, if you choose to use it as a spin bike sensor, you need to attach it to the flywheel of your spin bike. It self-calibrates and gives you an accurate result of your exercise speed.
This spinning speed/cadence sensor comes with a whooping 500-hour battery capacity. This sort of battery capacity can go on for months. The sensor is also waterproof and dustproof. With this, you can enjoy your riding in any kind of weather.
The sensor weighs 8.8g plus the battery, and the weight does not alter the comfort of the bike. It has an IP67 water resistance rating and a 400hrs battery life.
- 1 Lithium-ion battery required (included)
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 ounces
- Universal Device Compatibility
- This sensor comes with ANT+ and Bluetooth software for a wide range of connectivity to other wireless devices
- Magnets are not required for the installation, plus the installation is straightforward and easy
- It comes with an amazing battery life that can go for 500 hours, more than enough to keep you riding for days.
- It can be unusually difficult to install if you choose to use them as spin bike cadence sensor but works perfectly for outdoor bikes
- It consumes time to switch between the speed and cadence mode and a bit of a bother if you always have to do it
XOSS Bike Cadence Sensor & Speed Sensor
This cadence and speed sensor for spin bike is impressively good. It is quickly becoming one of the most sought –after sensors for indoor bikes in the market. The cadence sensor should be attached to the crank arm of your spin bike, where it calculates each pedal stroke per minute. It enables you to get the best out of your fitness routine. The speed sensor for spin bikes should be attached to either the wheel of the hub, where it self-calibrates and give you the accurate measurement of your exercise speed.
For a sensor with a wireless connection, this speed and cadence sensor for indoor spin bikes with ANT+ and Bluetooth 4.0 delivers correct data of your cycling routine. You can as well connect your bike computer and your mobile devices.
This model is compatible with several third-party apps such as Zwift, Strava, Wahoo Fitness, and many more. This sensor is very affordable, even with a low energy system.
XOSS comes with an impressively remarkable low battery consumption-capacity that gives the sensor the ability to last for over 450 hours. With a feature like this, it is quite understandable why it is ranked among the best cadence and speed sensors for spin bikes. Even with so much amount of juice, the price is quite affordable.
Additionally, magnets are not required in the installation of this sensor, and the process is so basic that you can do it all yourself without seeking help. This sensor can also be paired with Android and IOS and operating systems.
The sensor is designed with a waterproof surface, which means that you can enjoy your outdoor ride at any time of the year, regardless of the weather condition, without the fear of your sensor getting spoilt. The sensor is sized 38mm × 30mm × 10mm, it has a temperature of -20-50®C, with a weight about 10G including the battery.
- 1 CR123A battery required
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 ounces
- IPX7 Waterproof, Sleek, Light-weight Design.
- Magnets are not needed to install this impressive sensor
- The process is quite easy to follow, and so you don’t need help form anyone
- It has reliable connectivity that ensures it works perfectly with any Bluetooth sensor
- The cadence sensor for spin bike comes with a coin cell battery, which can be easily replaced
- It is not as accurate as some other indoor cycling bike speed and cadence sensor
- Few buyers have made complaints about the sensor resilience in the long run
- The sensor is a bit large and not too good for your crank arms if they are slender.
- Q: What sensors do I need for my spin bike?
- A: You can use any of the best cadence and speed sensors for spin bikes listed above for you, whether you have a magnetic spin bike or an affordable indoor cycle under $500.
- Q: What spinning apps are compatible with Garmin and Wahoo sensors?
- A: There are several fitness apps that are compatible with Garmin and Wahoo sensors, some which are; MapMyRun, SRAVA, Run keeper, NIKE+, etc.
- Q: Can Wahoo and Garmin sensors connect to IOS and Android devices?
- A: Yes, they can connect to both operating systems.
- Q: How do I get and record cadence information on a spin bike?
- A: Follow this link to learn how to record cadence information on your spin bike. https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/01/record-cadence-information.html/comment-page-6
- Q: How to add cadence and speed to your spin bike?
- A: Follow this link to learn how to add cadence and speed to your spin bike. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6Cv0bL3M98