Top Rowing Machines Under 1000 in Canada – Top Picks
Row Into Shape With These Top Home Rowers Under Can$1000!
Sometimes you can’t get to the gym because the weather is bad or you just don’t have the time. That is why many people are adding an exercise machine to their home, and one of the most popular options for people who want to get in shape is a rowing machine. Since it can be hard to find the right rowing machine, that’s why we have rounded up some of the top home rowers under $1000 in Canada. This will help you with finding the right one for your needs and saving you time by offering the home use indoor rowers under 1000 in Canada in one convenient place.
Whether you are looking for the best air rowing machine under 1000 in Canada or another type of rowing machine, we have listed some of the top brands to help you get started. Since we know that you are looking for a rowing machine for the home and not a professional rowing machine under 1000 in Canada for your business, we have gotten together the best home rowing machines that you can choose from. First, we will look at eight of our top picks, and then we will look at some of the things that you should consider when you are purchasing a good rowing machine.
So, are you ready? If so, let’s get started on the journey to helping you find the right rowing machine for you and your family!
Best Rowing Machines Under 1000 In Canada
BATTIFE JR-RW-001 Water Rowing Machine
If you are looking for a rowing machine less than 1000 in Canada that has an elegant look and feel, then you are going to love the BATTIFE Water Rowing machine. There are many things that make this a top water rowing machine under 1000 in Canada made of gorgeous red walnut, it has a beautiful look and feel for the home that you can use anywhere.
This water rowing machine provides you with a wonderful system that makes you feel as if you are actually in a rowboat. Its monitor will keep track of how many strokes you do per minute, the amount of time that you spend on the machine, how many calories you spend per hour and more.
Something that your family will like about this best value rowing machine under 1000 how quiet it is. You can work out while your children are doing their homework or while your spouse is watching television, and you don’t have to worry about disturbing them. When you are finished with your workout, simply stand it in the corner and it will be all ready for your next workout.
- It has an elegant design that will add to your home’s décor.
- Gives you a true rowing experience
- Comes with a monitor
- Doesn’t Fold Up
- Simple Design for the Money
- Only Holds Up to 280 Pounds
Generies YQJ-901 Bluetooth Home Water Rower
One of the favorite home water rowers for under CAD1000 in Canada, this model of Generies ensures a fun VR boating experience and real-scene simulation. With its Bluetooth connection, you can join networks and interact with other athletes as well as share your progress and results.
This home rowing machine under 1000 in Canada weighs 440 pounds, is 82-inch long and features an electric water feeder. Its resistance is widely adjustable to better meet your fitness needs and the look appears very nice in its original wooden oak color.
- Ant movement APP
- Phone support
- VCR glasses
- Assembly can be challenging
- Sometimes hard to read the monitor
XTERRA Fitness ERG600W Water Rowing Machine
Want to bring the excitement of rowing home? Do it easily with this XTERRA Fitness ERG600W Water Rower. This quiet rowing machine under 1000 in Canada has a full-body rowing feature that makes it very efficient for burning calories and developing strength and flexibility.
It features a big countered seat to maximize your performance and comfort and has 6 resistance levels so that you can set it for the amount of resistance you can handle. Its 5.5” LCD screen features a simple angle and height adjustment so that you can adjust it to be comfortable to view. The display shows all of your essential data, such as calories burned, strokes per minute, date, time, strokes, and distance, so you can keep track of your progress.
The seat is raised so that it’s easy to get off of and onto the seat whenever you want to exercise, and its contoured to maximize your comfort and performance. Raised seat height (13.5″ High) gets you on and off the rower with ease. With a smooth rowing motion and a stylish look and feel, this rowing machine will make working out enjoyable and beneficial for you and your family.
- Water resistance is smooth
- Water tank is adjustable to 6 levels
- Comes with a multifunction LCD Monitor
- Footrest design & quality is poor
- Extended shipping times
- Tedious to adjust water levels
Sunny Health & Fitness Sf-Rw5713 Water Rower
If you are searching for a rowing machine that will let you work out without disturbing the other people in your house, the Sunny Health & Fitness Water Rowing Machine is the one to choose. This rowing machine has water resistance that lets you exercise without making a lot of noise.
It’s also an ideal choice if you don’t have a lot of space in your house. Simply store it upright in the corner so that you don’t have to worry about finding the right spot or having enough space for your workout machine.
Finally, you are going to love the comfortable seat. It’s 17” off of the ground, so you don’t have to worry about being able to sit down or get up off of it to do your workout.
- Quiet and smooth water resistance
- Easy to store upright it
- Adjustable water levels
- Comfortable seat is 17” high so you can easily sit down on it and get off of it.
- Monitor has no backlight
- Does not have a heart rate monitor
- You have to use a siphon for adding or removing water
- It only has an average warranty
SereneLife SLRWMC50 Air and Magnetic Home Rower
This rowing machine from SereneLife is a popular option when you are looking for an affordable machine. It offers two styles of resistance – magnetic and air resistance. This helps you enjoy the consistency and silence that magnetic resistance offers for longer sessions and natural and responsive feeling that air resistance offers for short, high-intensity sessions.
When it comes to secondary features, it features a clear and large backlit display screen that offers a look into the statistics of your workout. You can also connect it to your smartphone via Bluetooth. This lets you track your workouts quickly and easily. If you are looking for a rowing machine that is affordable and that gives you plenty of helpful features, this rowing machine is a great choice.
- Offers 16 magnetic resistance levels and air resistance
- Made of solid steel and holds up to 250 pounds
- Handlebar and seat are padded
- Computer calorie counting can be temperamental
- Even though assembly’s straightforward it can take a lot of time.
Stamina DT 397 Rowing Machine Rower
When you are looking for a rowing machine that is affordable and has a lot of features, the Stamina DT 397 Rowing Machine Rower is the one to choose. It helps you with burning calories, toning your muscle, improving cardio and more.
This air rowing machine comes with many features that you want in an easy to assemble and lightweight piece that can stand in the corner for easy storage. It combines air resistance and magnetic resistance in one great system. For those who want a bigger challenge, just pull harder and the air resistance will be engaged.
With a large variety of features that will give you the workout that you want and a price that’s affordable for just about anyone who wants a way to work out right in their own home, this rowing machine is the ideal addition to your home gym.
- Frame holds up to 250 pounds
- The construction is light so it’s easy to handle
- The beams are made of aluminum, so the seat is stable
- Contoured seat is comfortable
- Easy to store upright
- Front and rear beam have adjustable stabilizers
- Resistance 8 resistance levels to provide light – medium workouts
- Includes an exercise meter to track distance, count, calories burned, time, and total count
- You can set goals for count, calories and time
- Includes a bottle holder
- Simple to assemble
- Requires little maintenance
- Little maintenance required.
- Does not read your pulse
- Exercise meter doesn’t have backlight.
- Meter batteries aren’t included
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5515 Magnetic Rowing Machine
Bring the workout of a rowing machine right into your home with this Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW5515 Magnetic Rowing Machine. One of the best magnetic rowing machines in Canada, it offers 8 levels of resistance that you can adjust to your needs so that you can get the workout that you want.
The seat is fully padded to help you stay comfortable while exercising, and its grip handles are non-slip to help you with comfort and safety. The foot pedals are also generously sized and anti-slip, equipped with foot straps that you can adjust to your needs.
Keep track of your progress with the LCD screen and, when you are finished, fold it up and put it away. It’s the perfect machine for any sized house. With an affordable price, it’s a machine that is affordable for just about anyone.
- Machine is sturdy and has a smooth performance
- Price is affordable for just about anyone looking for a rowing machine
- Easily assembled
- Foldable design makes it easy to fit into your home, no matter how much space you have
- Has 8 levels of resistance
- Easy to move with the transport wheels
- Quiet performance with the sound flywheel
- Clear information is provided with the LCD display
- Does not offer as much warranty as other rowing machines
- LCD display isn’t backlit
- Users who are tall might not be able to complete the complete ROM as they’ll need to regularly lean forward and they’re in an uncomfortable position.
Marcy ME-1018RE Magnetic Resistance Rowing Machine
When you are looking for a rowing machine at an affordable price, then the Marcy Foldable 8-Level Magnetic Resistance Rowing Machine may be the one that you want. It has 8 levels of magnetic resistance, so that you can start out slow and adjust it as you grow.
The rowing handle and the seat are padded for your comfort, and its monitor has a spot that you can place a book or tablet so that you can read or watch your favorite movies while you are working out. With a sturdy frame that can hold up to 300 pounds, it’s a machine that you can count on.
When you are finished working out, the rowing machine is easy to fold up and place under furniture so that it’s out of the way or move into another room using its transport wheels. No matter how much space you have, you’ll find this will fit into it.
- Choose from 8 magnetic resistance levels
- Padded rowing handle and seat
- Monitor has a holder for your book or tablet
- The base is solid with 3 ground contact points
- Price is affordable
- Easy to fold and store flat
- Holds up to 300 pounds
- Good warranty
- Monitor is very basic
- Limited capacity for people who are taller than 6’3”
- People who are experienced will find that the resistance is light
- It can be frustrating to assemble
Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing Machine
When you want a rowing machine that is going to give you your money’s worth, you want a Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050. One of the best rowing machines in Canada under 500, this home rower is built solidly to give you a workout that is the same as the machines that are much more expensive and larger in size.
Its compact size and light weight make it ideal for just about any space, and when you are finished working out, simply fold it down for quick and easy storage. Although it’s not ideal for people who are more experienced with rowing, it’s perfect for a beginner or someone who wants a less intense workout.
With solid construction and adjustable resistance, this rowing machine provides you with a durable and sturdy way that you can reach your fitness goals in the comfort and convenience of your own home. With a long gliding track, users up to six and a half feet tall will be able to use it with ease.
- Solidly constructed
- Light weight
- Easy to store
- Compact design
- Resistance is adjustable so that it can accommodate a variety of fitness levels
- Dual handles are total range-of-motion that simulate the feeling of really rowing on the water
- The gliding track is long enough to accommodate people up to 6’6”
- Easy to assemble
- Foot strap and foot pedal design makes it hard to keep your where they need to be while you are working out
- The resistance levels might weaken because of the shock becoming hot
- It’s possible that the hydraulic piston will leak
- The fitness meter’s calorie counter is sometimes inaccurate.
Things To Know Before Buying A Home Rower
Now that we have covered some of the rowers that you should consider when you are looking for the best rowing machine under 1000 in Canada, we’re going to look at some of the things to consider when shopping for a rower. Along with using our list to find the best indoor rower under 1000 in Canada and reading rowing machine reviews under 1000 in Canada, it’s a good idea to find out what you want to look for when purchasing a rower. So here are some things to consider when you are looking for the right rowing machine gym.
Types of Resistance
There are four main kinds of resistance that a rowing machine can come in: air, hydraulic piston, magnetic and water. All of these types offer unique features and benefits that rowers will find helpful, based on their requirements.
- Air – Found in the fitness centers and provide natural, smooth rowing strokes
- Hydraulic Piston – These are often the most affordable options, and they are easily stored and compact
- Magnetic – These are often very quiet, easily maintained and give a rowing motion that is smooth.
- Water – Provides you with a lifelike experience.
The second thing that you want to consider is the amount of money you have to spend on your rowing machine. If your budget is small, a machine with hydraulic piston resistance might be a good idea. It’s also a good choice if you have a small space.
This brings us to the next consideration – how much space you have. Unless you have a large home and you can dedicate a whole room to your home gym, this is going to be a huge consideration. You’ll need to select a rower that you can fit comfortably into your workout space. A rower is usually longer when compared with other types of exercise machines, so you want to think about this too.
It’s a good idea to measure your room and match those measurements against your chosen rower. You also want to have enough room that your hands are able to freely move while you’re rowing. The space in which you will be using your rower isn’t the only consideration, however, when thinking of space. You also want to make sure you have enough room for storing your rower. If you don’t have a lot of storage space, choosing a rower that can fold and go under your bed.
Another consideration is what your fitness goals are that you’re looking to achieve with the rower. Some rowers will help you with reaching some goals than others. For instance, if your goal is to bulk up your muscles and tone them, hydraulic rowers are a better option. If you want to lose some weight, you can choose just about any rower, though it might be a good idea to find the best rowing machine under 1000 that has a calorie counter. Some rowers also come with some preset programs that can help you with setting your goals and reaching new ones.
You also want to think about the number of people who are going to use your rower. Some models can’t handle a lot of use. You also want to consider the weight limit, if you have people in your family who are larger than others. Otherwise, you may void your warranty.
The majority of rowers have monitors on them but some of them are much more advanced. So, you want to choose one that has a monitor that meets your expectations. Basic rower monitors are going to display your workout data such as time rowed, distance, and calories spent. The ones that are more advanced are going to include things such as a heart rate monitor, racing games, and preset programs.
These additional features are nice, but unless you know that you are going to use them, they are often not worth the additional expense. You don’t want to spend extra money for those features unless you are going to use them. No matter how many features the rower has, you are going to get a great workout.
You can also think about the types of things that you have seen on a rowing machine at the gym that you visit. Even though you are not looking for a commercial rowing machine under 1000, knowing what you like about the rowing machines in your gym is a good idea since that will give you something to look for when purchasing your own.
The Rower’s Key Features
When you are looking for a rower, there are a few other features that it’s good to consider. There are features that are going to affect your enjoyment of using the rower, such as the handlebars, the footplates and the seat are things that you should consider. The handlebars and seat should be padded and it’s a good idea to look for footplates that pivot and a quality pair of rowing gloves so that you are more comfortable while working out. To give extra comfort to your feet while exercising, it’s crucial to wear proper shoes for rowing machines.
It’s also worth it to consider things like seat height, if you have problems with mobility or you’re tall, since low seats could be harder for you to use. Finally, you want to look at how easy it is to move your rower and fold it when you have to put it away.
Read Some Reviews
Finally, when you are looking for a rowing machine, you want to read magnetic, air, hydraulic piston and water rowing machine reviews, depending on what kind of rowing machine you want. You want to make sure that you know what other people think about the rowing machines that you are considering. For instance, if you have chosen the best magnetic rowing machine under 1000, make sure you do due diligence to see what other users have said about it.
When you are reading the reviews, you want to find out some specific details regarding the machine that you are researching. Below are some of the things to find out about to give you the most information to make an educated decision.
- The build material and quality of the rowing machine
- The rowing machine’s performance monitor – what kind of data does it record and what other types of special features does it offer?
- The comfort levels of the footrests, handles and seat
- How much noise does it make when it’s being used?
- What do other people think about that machine?
- How can it be stored?
These are just some of the things that you want to know about when you are looking for the best compact rowing machine under 1000 or an affordable rowing machine under 1000. The biggest mistake you want to avoid making is to avoid buying something simply because it’s inexpensive. If the rowing machine you choose is not well built or it doesn’t have the features that you want, you will have wasted your time and your money.
When you are looking for a way that you can exercise and get healthy, you will find a lot of rowing machine benefits that will help you reach your goals and make a huge difference in your life.
As you can see, there are a lot of options when you are looking for a rowing machine that you can use in your home. To wrap things up, you want to find one that
- Is well built – you don’t want it to fall apart after only using it for a couple of months
- Has the features that you want it to have – think about what you want to do
- Is comfortable to use – if you’re not comfortable, you aren’t going to use it
- Has great reviews – read about what other people have said about it
- Is from a company with a history of excellence – if the company’s been around a while, you have a better chance of quality
- Is the right size for your space – you don’t want to get it home and find out it’s too big.
When you take everything here into consideration, you will find you have the right rowing machine. Whether it’s one of the best rowing machines in Canada such as Concept2 Model D indoor rowing machine or any more affordable budget rowing machines in Canada, you will have the one that is right for you and for your family. No matter what your budget is, your goals are, and the amount of space in your home, you are sure to find the right rowing machine to fit your needs.